Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Annabelle Studio: 4Show Eyeshadow


Today's eyeshadow review is on Annabelle's 4Show Eyeshadow. It's been out for a while now, but is relatively new. As far as I know, this is only available in Canada. I purchased this one at Shopper's Drug Mart for about $8-9 (on sale, regular: ~$11) and it is in the colour Tiger-Eye. You can view pictures of the other colours here.

Colour: Tiger-Eye
The individual colours don't come with specific names, and they are all in the same pan so you can easily mix to or more colours together with a brush.

Colour: Tiger-Eye
The light colour (top left) has a bit of a pink iridescence to it so it makes a great highlighter for your inner tear duct and under your lower lashline. The top right colour is a sort of rosy copper, the bottom left is a tangerine-gold and the bottom right is a deep brown with subtle gold glitter/shimmer. Swatching with my finger, the colours were a bit difficult to pick up (kind of a slight waxy feel and not much pigment transferred from the pan to my finger) and if I pressed harder, there was some noticeable fall out. With a brush, the colours are easier to pick up, but brushing them onto your eye won't give a great colour payoff. Using a primer will of course enhance these colours, but I base my reviews largely on whether an eyeshadow can swatch/perform well without a primer (although I do use a primer regardless day-to-day).

Here are the actual swatches:

Tiger-Eye colours without a primer

You might be able to tell from the picture that there was some fall out (particularly at the top of the dark brown swatch) and this is because I swatched them without a primer. Though as I've mentioned, they will perform better over a primer, and there won't be as much fall out.

I find the colours to be average and nothing special. I likely have colours that are very similar to these in my palettes and so I won't be purchasing this again, but I do like that all the colours are in the same pan.

Summary:


Product: Annabelle's 4Show Eyeshadow
Price: ~$11 (Shopper's Drug Mart, Walmart Canada)
Grade: C-
Subscribe in a reader
Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment